We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our team!
As the Financial Accountant, you will contribute to GeoComply’s success by managing all day to day maintenance of all accounting records for the company, working closely with the Senior Accountant and CFO, and supporting the team to deliver on the finance team’s short-term and long-term goals.
Our ideal candidate has 4-6 years’ accounting experience performing associated responsibilities independently, including processing payroll. Excellent proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel, and Word is required for this role and previous experience working with Google Drive, Confluence, Jira, and Payworks is an asset.
In your past experiences, you have demonstrated your high-level of professionalism, and your flexibility in adapting to the changing needs within the work environment. You have a strong sense of self-accountability, are resourceful, detail-oriented and are a pro multitasker. Working under pressure within tight timelines is no big deal to you, and you are able to organize and prioritize your time accordingly. You are a team player, willing to take on different tasks with varying levels of responsibility, and are a motivated individual.
Your key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Support the month-end close process by completing month end journal entries and maintaining reconciliations
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial reports
- Process, review, and reconcile semi-monthly payroll accurately and on-time, and managing all employee deductions and payment (e.g. WCB payments, Employer Health Tax, etc.); process ROEs and complete annual T4s
- Interpret and apply company accounting policies to meet the company and statutory reporting requirements
- Assist the Senior Accountant with annual accounting procedures and preparation of annual financial statements under International Financial Reporting Standards
- Prepare US and Canadian sales tax returns (GST / Sales and Use Tax)
- Support special projects and address financial inquiries by gathering and analyzing data
Your skills & qualifications:
- 4 – 6 years’ accounting experience performing associated responsibilities independently; experience processing payroll is an asset.
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in a related field (accounting, business administration, etc.)
- CPA designation is an asset
- Previous experience working for a tech company or fast paced environment is an asset
- Tech-savvy with high-proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage, Excel, and Word; previous experience working in Google Drive, Confluence, Jira and PayWorks is an asset
- Ability to perform and communicate in a professional and effective manner, in a rapidly-changing environment
- Self-motivated with a high degree of accountability
- Resourceful, process and solutions-oriented
- Ability to prioritize workload independently, work under pressure and multitask on a wide variety of projects
- Tact, integrity, and discretion; ability to work with and process confidential information with sensitivity
- Organized and excellent attention to detail
- Team player, willing to take on different tasks with varying levels of responsibility
- Experience in a multi-company environment, exposure to multiple currencies and reconciliation of inter-company transactions
- Experience in systems migration is a definite asset
If you have what we are looking for and would love to join our team in Vancouver, we want to hear from from you! Please complete our application form and tell us why you’re the person for the job.
This position is located in Downtown Vancouver.
We sincerely thank all applicants for applying; if we like what we see and feel you are a match for our position, we will be in touch.