Back to All Jobs
Backend Engineer, Golang
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading, hyper-growth technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
Achieving 650% growth in annual revenue over the past three years and dubbed a tech “Unicorn,” we’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
You are in charge of the backend development, quality control, and CI/CD system administration. You will code using Golang withIDP framework (a Geocomply Golang framework), and set up the Jenkins CI/CD system. You will be a member of the Web team with 4 others.
- In charge of development the backends of PinPoint components such as the Beacon Manager, PinPoint Engine, Bluetooth Heat Map, and others.
- Understanding the high-level requirements of the components.
- Write specifications to serve the requirements
- Implement the Specification with Golang and IDP(an Geocomply Golang framework)
- Make sure the implementation is compatible with others in the ecosystem.
- Write Unit test to cover 99% of new written code
- Write Integration test with mocked system.
- Work with the QA team to specify the testing requirements.
- Able to self-manage own tasks, and cooperate with other team members.
- Be familiar with the JIRA system for daily task management.
Who You Are
- +1 years of experience in Golang backend development.
- Hands-on at least one real product that works with high volume traffic and low latency response.
- Strong expertise in designing and development principles such as: DDD, TDD, CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Strong expertise in designing and building microservice architectures, including service discovery, inter-service communication, and fault tolerance….
- Proficient in containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration with Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of cloud platforms such as AWS and experience deploying applications in cloud environments.
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and CI/CD pipelines for automated build, test, security check, quality check and deployment processes.
- Experience with SQL DB databases such as MySQL ... and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB..., as well as caching mechanisms like Redis.
- Knowledge of stream and messaging systems such as Kafka.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze and debug complex issues in distributed systems.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Show a sample of your work on a current live product.
- Experience in working with location-based applications
- Good communication skills in English
- Experience with other programming languages such as PHP, or Node.js.
- Familiarity with tracing, monitoring, and logging tools such as Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack, EFK stack
- Familiarity with CD tools such as ArgoCD
- Familiarity with managing secret tools such as vault Hashicorp
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
There has been an error submitting this form (reCAPTCHA verification failed). If you believe you have encountered this in error (you are not actually a bot), please email us directly at email@example.com.