Back to All Jobs
Senior Director of Finance
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading, hyper-growth technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
Achieving 650% growth in annual revenue over the past three years and dubbed a tech “Unicorn,” we’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
Are you a detail-oriented, analytical, problem solver seeking an exciting and challenging opportunity to help build a rapidly growing technology company?
The Senior Director of Finance will oversee all the daily activities in the Finance department alongside the CFO. They will contribute to the success of the organization by ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting in accordance with IFRS and compliance with all local, state and federal taxation obligations. The Senior Director of Finance will play a critical role in the organization’s financial planning process in order to support its rapid growth.
Strategy, Planning & Management
- Support the CFO on strategic initiatives such as mergers & acquisitions and/or preparing for an IPO;
- Provide insight and recommendations on the growth plan of the company;
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose and align financial strategies to ensure continual enhancement of company performance.
General Support and Performance Management
- Ensure the CFO and the finance team are a key support resource across the whole team by ensuring collegiate culture in assisting all departments achieve their goals;
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s technologies, process, customers, markets, and teams;
- Manage the performance of the accounting and finance team; recruit, mentor, train, and coach employees, ensuring their individual success;
- Build strong working relationships with operational leadership and employees to better understand where value-added projects can be initiated;
- Develop and implement systems, tools, and processes to provide critical financial information to the CFO and leadership team to assist in data-driven decision-making.
Accounting & Financial Operations
- Manage accounting and finance operations of all branches of the business, including North America, Vietnam, and Europe; oversee end-to-end accounting, tax compliance, financing, and treasury activities;
- Oversee month-end closing processes, implementing efficiencies where possible;
- Oversee preparation of accurate corporate monthly management reporting in a timely manner, including consolidated financial statements in different currencies;
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local and federal tax requirements for each entity; together with the CFO, work with and collaborate with external tax accountants to ensure timely resolution of issues and compliance in foreign affiliate tax and transfer pricing laws;
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and make recommendations;
- Further develop and implement financial control policies, systems and procedures for the Company;
- Supervise and manage members of the accounting team, ensuring all processes and practices are followed according to internal controls, compliance, and financial procedures.
Financial Analysis, Forecasting, and Budgeting
- Lead the annual budgeting process and monitor progress against budget on a regular basis, ensuring individual departments are held accountable for their expenditures;
- Maintain a rolling forecast for the business to ensure planning reflects up to date business conditions;
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations, as needed.
Financial & Cash Flow Management
- Manage cash flow planning processes and ensure funds availability;
- Supervise accounts payable and receivables, and provide guidance and implement best practices relating to timely payments and collections;
- Oversee cash, investments, and asset management;
- Develop and maintain relations with banks, vendors, and other key partners.
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS;
- Development plan to transition the company to quarterly financial statements and MD&A;
- Maintain effective internal controls over financial reporting;
- Prepare full working papers and coordinate external audits/reviews of annual financial statements;
- Implement applicable changes in new accounting standards.
Tax and Regulatory Compliance
- Facilitate and manage the preparation of the organization’s Canadian and US federal and state corporate tax returns and all related compliance;
- Ensure compliance with GST/HST and sales and SUT returns and coordinate remittance payments;
- Work with the CFO and external tax advisors to develop and implement strategic tax planning;
- Prepare annual tax provision, including all supporting schedules;
- Ensure submission on a timely basis of all financial data and associated reports required by the government and other regulating agencies required for licensing purposes;
- Other projects as assigned.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a relevant field (finance, accounting, or business);
- Qualified accounting designation; CPA, or similar;
- 2+ years’ experience leading a team in a senior finance position, preferably in high-growth technology companies
- 5+ years’ progressive experience in accounting/finance positions, with a most recent position as a Controller or Director of Finance;
- Previous experience in working with the Canadian IPO process and/or working in a public company is an asset;
- Exceptional knowledge of IFRS;
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections;
- Experience in cashflow planning and analysis;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and confidence; the ability to motivate and mentor teams and employees;
- Experience managing remote teams is an asset;
- Experience working with external auditors;
- Process-oriented, with experience developing and implementing best practices and processes;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities;
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills;
- Highly detail-oriented.
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
There has been an error submitting this form (reCAPTCHA verification failed). If you believe you have encountered this in error (you are not actually a bot), please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.