Back to All Jobs
Senior DevOps Engineer - Automation & Platform (Toronto)
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
We’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer of the Automation and Platform team, you will be responsible for our next-generation application platform's design, implementation and evolution. This platform will support 100% of our applications and provide self-service capabilities to software development teams to deploy and operate their applications.
Making the platform flexible but keeping the application compliant to our high standards in terms of security, cost-effectiveness, and reliability will be a big part of the challenge.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve all aspects of DevOps teams and other dev teams, especially automation and development experience
- Plan, design and implement new and maintain current infrastructure
- Manage your own tasks and support team members to ensure delivering most valuable work by collecting feedback and analyzing task requirements to prioritize and break down tasks
- Write and maintain guidelines about preparing/supporting the environments
- Collaborate with colleagues in the DevOps and Platform team to design and implement easy to use, and reusable tools, solutions, and platforms
- Collaborate with colleagues in DevOps and other teams to maintain, monitor and troubleshoot issues in all environments (development, staging and production)
- Continuous improvement of our products' security, stability and optimization
- Continuous support to develop a DevOps culture
Who You Are
- 4 years of relevant experience
- Self-motivated, agile, and innovative team member, who can manage in an environment of change and ambiguity
- Software programming experience in at least one of these languages: Golang, Python, NodeJS , Bash
- Experience in building up CI/CD, GitOps pipelines using Github Actions, Helm Charts, ArgoCD, Kubernetes
- Experience in running and managing AWS cloud
- Comprehensive knowledge of security and compliance
- At least pre-Intermediate written and spoken technical English
- You are adept at working asynchronously with global teams.
- Experience with automation test platform
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with Terraform
- Certifications in AWS
- - ,
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
There has been an error submitting this form (reCAPTCHA verification failed). If you believe you have encountered this in error (you are not actually a bot), please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.