Back to All Jobs
Staff Engineer - Automation & Platform
We’re GeoComply! We're a market-leading technology provider with teams across five countries and three continents with a global customer base. And we have no plans to slow down.
We’re revolutionizing how people and businesses use the internet to instill confidence in every online interaction. Trusted by leading brands and regulators for the past ten years, our geolocation solutions are installed on over 400 million devices and analyze over 10 billion transactions a year.
At the heart of it all is the people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees and partners, and providing for the needs of our customers.
As a Staff Engineer of the Automation and Platform team, you will be responsible for our next-generation application platform's design, implementation and evolution. This platform will support 100% of our applications and provide self-service capabilities to software development teams to deploy and operate their applications. Making the platform flexible but keeping the application compliant to our high standards in terms of security, cost-effectiveness and reliability will be a big part of the challenge.
- Lead development/engineering team members (no direct reports) in building and supporting the underlying cloud data platforms and capabilities which align with business needs
- Work with the technical product manager(s) to conduct requirement analysis and play a key role in assisting the technical product management team in defining product and engineering roadmaps leading to the enablement of self-serve data& analytics platforms
- Responsible for collaborating with the Architecture teams to define all aspects of the platform architecture, implementation plans, design standards, and be able to clearly articulate how these enable the data platform user stakeholder community
- Ensure the cloud data platforms/capabilities are aligned with the company strategy, and in alignment with security, data governance, and audit compliance
- Ensure code and products being produced by the development team is of high quality and meets design standards
- Seek opportunities to optimize activities in the data platforms, development activities, and processes, as well as implementing mechanisms to automate/streamline activities (e.g., automating administrative activities, infrastructure, and application deployments, etc.)
- Support release management activities, as well as diagnose and troubleshoot issues that occur on the platform and the jobs that are built (act as incident and problem coordinator where required)
- Create documentation and communicate with stakeholders on our cloud platforms, technological capabilities, services, and processes and provide knowledge transfer or training for other team members, where needed
- Commit to results by taking personal responsibility for achieving mutually agreed upon individual/team objectives and working collaboratively and cooperatively with others to achieve shared goals, objectives, and key results
Who You Are
- 10 years of experience in Software Engineering development and operations
- Self-motivated, agile, and innovative team member, who can manage in an environment of change and ambiguity
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to guide development/engineering teams to ensure best practices are being followed
- Hands-on in cloud infrastructure as code development, with the ability to lead architecture and technology evaluations and decisions.
- Willingness to learn cloud security principles, practices, and tools.
- Strong enterprise software development experience, preferably with e.g. Golang
- Expertise in Kubernetes, and AWS
- Experience /expertise in DNS, TLS, and network architecture.
- Knowledge of API development, REST, microservices, and serverless architectures.
- Knowledge and experience in operational support, software development, and deployment methodologies and principles.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills; able to convey information clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent analysis and dissemination skills.
- Maintains and develops relevant industry and technology knowledge.
- Certifications in AWS.
- Hands-on experience working within an Information Security accredited framework e.g. SOC2, ISO27001, 27017/18.
- Expertise in Terraform
- Experience in the Gaming industry
Joining the GeoComply team means you’ll be part of an award-winning company to work, learn and grow. We are fast-paced, high-impact, and have a can-do team culture.
To be successful in our organization, you need an eager attitude, professionalism, and the confidence to willingly work to prove yourself and your ideas, and earn the trust of the organization.
Here’s why we think you’d love working with us.
We’re working towards something big
We’ve built a reputation as the global market leader for geolocation compliance solutions for over 10 years. We’re trusted by customers from all over the world, and the next few years will be particularly exciting as we continue to scale across new markets.
Our values aren’t just a buzzword
Our values are the foundation for what we as a company care about most. They signify the commitment we make to each other around how we act and what we stand for. They are our north star as we work together to build a company we’re all proud to be a part of. Learn more, here.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are
In collaboration with our team and external partners, we promote DEI in our recruitment and hiring practices; scholarships and financial aid; training and mentorship programs; employee benefits, and more.
Learning is at the heart of our employee experience
At GeoComply, we foster an environment that empowers every employee to gain the knowledge and abilities needed to perform at their very best and help our organization grow. From a professional development budget to local training opportunities, knowledge-sharing sessions and more, we are continually investing in employee career growth and development.
We believe in being a force for good
We profoundly care about our impact on the world and strive to make meaningful contributions to the communities we work and live in. Our Impact division focuses on philanthropic and social responsibility initiatives, including supporting our local communities, advancing equality, and harnessing our technology to protect vulnerable groups. Learn more, here.
We care about our team
Our GeoComply team is talented, driven and hard-working, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. At GeoComply, we take care of our employees with the total package. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits program.
We value in-person collaboration
The benefits we have seen from teams being together have been tremendous in how we are able to collaborate and swiftly inform each other on what is happening across the company. By introducing an 80% attendance rate, we have seen the value in achieving more together as a company as we continue to foster collaboration across team members and departments.
Interested in joining our team? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We can’t wait to meet you!
- - - - - - - - - -
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion, and we welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities. Creating an accessible interview experience for all candidates is important to us. If you have any requests (big or small) throughout our hiring process, please don’t hesitate to let us know so we can do our best to prioritize your needs.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
There has been an error submitting this form (reCAPTCHA verification failed). If you believe you have encountered this in error (you are not actually a bot), please email us directly at email@example.com.