How to Detect Synthetic Identities, Bots and Fraudsters
If you’re a merchant acquirer or payment facilitator, you know you’re responsible for customer chargebacks caused by fraudulent sub-merchants. Far from being just “the cost of doing business,” this can often mean the difference to remaining a viable business.
However, did you know integrating just one additional set of data can dramatically reduce the number of fraudulent sub-merchants making into your system? That data set is: accurate, authentic and unaltered location data.
In fact, the operators in the highly regulated iGaming markets say they’ve already seen at least an 80% reduction in fraud after integrating location data into their KYC processes and compliance systems. It’s time for merchant acquirers and payment facilitators to take notice.
Download this white paper to learn:
- The techniques fraudsters use to hide their location
- The limitations of using an IP address for location verification
- How accurate, authenticated and unaltered location data can be easily captured during the onboarding process to flag – potentially fraudulent sub-merchants
- The types of of sub-merchant fraud that location data can prevent
- How location data can be integrated into a continuous authentication process to protect against account takeovers
This white paper provides essential information that merchant acquirers, payment facilitators and anyone in the payments processing ecosystem can use to ensure you’re stopping fraud before it can impact your business.