As an increasing number of US states consider legalizing sports betting due to the May 2018 repeal of PASPA, the need to understand the real numbers associated with such an expansion has become an important topic for both legislators and regulators.
This webinar walked through what goes into an economic impact assessment – a now common research tool used by state governments and regulatory bodies to understand the market potential of introducing sports betting in their jurisdiction, along with the related risks and policy considerations including:
- market forecasting
- taxation models
- regulatory licensing schemes and market stakeholders
- projected consumer demographics, location and behaviors
- black market impact/conversion
- responsible gaming considerations
- contentious topics such as integrity fees and skins
Eilers & Krejcik along with a panel of industry experts presented on December 4 at 10:30AM Pacific a live webinar put on in partnership with GeoComply to discuss these topics. Our panelists included:
- Chris Grove, Managing Director, Eilers & Krejcik Gaming
- Kahlil Philander, Assistant Professor, Carson College of Business, Washington State University
- Mark Lipparelli, Founder, Gioco Ventures and former Nevada State Senator
- Jeff Ifrah, Founder, Ifrah Law and Executive Director and General Counsel, iDEA
- Lindsay Slader (moderator), VP Regulatory Affairs, GeoComply
Whether you’re a legislator, regulator or operator in the gaming space, this is a webinar for you!