A second in our webinar series, this event brought together a panel of industry experts to highlight the key challenges that sports betting stakeholders need to navigate in a post-PASPA landscape.
“What happens Post-PASPA? Conquering the Operational Challenges of Sports Betting” is presented by Worldpay, Sightline Payments, DraftKings, Paysafe, GeoComply, and Spectrum Gaming Group, with the support of the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States (NCLGS).
Leveraging the lessons learned from the US iGaming and Daily Fantasy Sports markets, this one-hour webinar focuses on conquering the operational hurdles that could have the largest impact on the viability of regulated US sports betting, including:
- App Store approvals
- Advertising restrictions
- Other systems integral to day-to-day operations
Given the historical reluctancy of the issuing banks, payment processors, Google Play/Apple App Stores, and even Google ads to take any legal risks of UIGEA, the Wire Act, and other gaming legislation, this session focuses on what legwork needs to be done by operators, suppliers, regulators and other industry stakeholders to prepare for market success now that PASPA has been repealed in full force.
- Michael Pollock, Managing Director of Spectrum Gaming Group and Executive Director of NCLGS, opens the webinar with GeoComply’s
- Operations Manager Lindsay Slader serving as moderator. Other speakers include:
- Joe Pappano, SVP & Managing Director, WorldPay Gaming
- Omer Sattar, Co-Founder and Executive VP, Strategic Initiatives, Sightline Payments
- Mike Wrobleski, Director Operations, DraftKings
- Neil Erlick, EVP Business Development, Paysafe